Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fashion Trend Alert: The Monocle

Nothing says "I'm so important I only need to see out of one eye" like a monocle. Whether your out for a night at the opera, monopolizing an industry, debating astronomical nomenclature, or flying an airplane for the Royal Air Force, the monocle is the quintessential eye-wear of the modern gentleman. However, be careful when dining. If I had a nickel for every time I dropped my monocle in my soup after someone's preposterous remarks I would be marginally richer than I already am.


Sir Patrick in the Observatory With The Telescope

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic...it's almost as though they needed a guest and hired some actor to fill a time slot. Good find.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Rev. Jack said...

You are looking at Rev. Jack, at age 87.

oxox Rev. Jack

10:36 AM  
Blogger Rev. Jack said...

btw, one wouldn't be flying an 'airplane' for the RAF, you would fly an 'aero-plane'.

xoxo Rev. Jack

10:37 AM  
Blogger mts said...

I didn't know there were any vestiges of this type of "esteemed gentleman" in the world anymore. There's still hope for the dying breed, perhaps. I liked the way he quickly dispatched the monocle question. No rolling of the eyes, no acting like he's tired of the question. He knows it's going to get people's attention, so he has a quick, practical answer on the ready.

Btw, I *hope* that's a vest he's wearing, and not his pants hitched up. The dark fabric just muds out on the video, and brightening the screen doesn't help. I know too many guys his age who hitch the waistband of their pants up to their armpits.

12:51 PM  
Blogger The Baron said...

I don't think that it's his pants riding up that high. There's no visible zipper or button. I choose to believe that it's some sort of blanket literally covering up the fact that he's not wearing any pants.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home